Varsity letter winners listed below
- 9th Grade – Nathan Kirwan, Bryson Kundinger, Mike Scharenbroch, & Ebel Sanchez
- 10th Grade – Achilles Mendes
- 11th Grade – Jay Hanson, David Jimenez, Adam Murphy, Logan Neuroth, & Cael Wozniak
- 12th Grade – Ben Willkom
- Managers – Abby Atwell, & Hannah Filandrinos
- Jay Hanson
- Logan Neuroth
- Cael Wozniak
WIAA D1 Sectional Qualifiers
- Jay Hanson – WIAA D1 Regional Champion
- Cael Wozniak – WIAA D1 Regional Champion
Preparation for next year starts now! Set your goals and start working toward them!
Special thanks to our managers Abby and Hannah for their surprise gifts to all at our mini awards banquet!
- Cael Wozniak 170
- Jay Hanson 285
- Program here OR QR scan here
- Live Stream Link: https://www.youtube.com/c/MukwonagoSchools
- Time Schedule:
- 8:30 AM Doors Open (Enter Door #1 – front of West Gym
- 10:00 AM Wrestling Begins (Rounds 1 & 2)
- (approx) 1:00 PM Lunch Break (after round 2)
- (approx) 1:30 PM Wrestling Resumes (Round 3, 4 & 5)
- Spectator Policy: Limit of 2 tickets per athlete.
On to Sectionals at Mukwonago next Saturday. More info to be posted
- Saturday 1/30/2021 Baraboo HS Google map
- VAHS Bus -7:30 AM
- Weigh-in -9:00 AM
- First Session -10:30 AM
- No spectators will be allowed in person.
- Live Streaming Information: The event will be streamed on the NFHS Network HERE: http://bit.ly/3sMg8YE
- All brackets will be posted and updated on www.trackwrestling.com
- Mukwonago WIAA Sectionals
- Saturday 2.6.2021 Mukwonago HS Google map
- VAHS Van -7:00 AM
- Weigh-in -9:00 AM
- First Session -10:00 AM
- Practice Schedule – subject to change for weight room access and in-session classes starting at VAHS
- Group 1 -Weight room and Group 2 -Wrestling room
- WIAA Regionals week – Monday – Friday, 1.25 – 1.29.2021: 6 – 8 pm
- WIAA Sectionals week – Monday – Friday, 2.1 – 2.5.2021: 6 – 8 pm
- WIAA STATE week – Monday – Friday, 2.8 – 2.12.2021: 6 – 8 pm
For Practice this season >Please meet at 5:45 pm back parking lot east end near the greenhouse & football stadium and enter at door 17, the fieldhouse entrance. Stay 6 feet apart as you enter the school and come up to the wrestling room.
- Competition Details and HS maps
- WIAA Post-Season chart here
- WIAA Regionals at Baraboo HS – Saturday 1.30.2021 No Fans
- WIAA Sectionals at Mukwonago HS – Saturday 2.6.2021
- WIAA Individual State D1 at Kaukauna HS – Saturday 2.13.2021
VAHS Winter Athletics COVID Return to Sports Plan
updated 1.5.2021 Updated 1.5.2020 change >we can now compete in the post-season if it occurs. Please read this entire document again as it will answer many of your questions about this season.
If you are joining VAHS Wrestling >> Please REGISTER for WRESTLING & all sports HERE >>> vahswildcats.com Our 1st practice was 1.4.2021 and we will be practicing throughout January from 5 pm – 7 pm. We are limited to 10 wrestlers plus coaches. Parents and wrestlers must have a discussion with Coach Woz and take care of the all paperwork ASAP including physical forms and COVID screening forms link below.
Please Contact Coach Woz via email a firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Fans attending please see below links for SP school entry and seating locations
- VAHS Parents – You must let Coach Wozniak know names of your 2 FANS if attending by 8 AM 1.21.2021 so we can supply a fan “pass list” to SPHS
- SPHS Map – Winter Sports – School map
- South Gym Entry instructions diagram
Timeline of matches:
- 6 PM – Sauk v Reedsburg (varsity matches 1st, JV’s after)
- Approx. 7 PM – Reedsburg v Verona (varsity matches 1st, JV’s after)
- Approx. 8 PM – Sauk Prairie v Verona (varsity matches 1st, JV’s after)
- A few things to note:
- 1. Masks required by all coaches, athletes, staff. It is each coach’s responsibility to make sure their athletes are abiding by this rule. Officials will be instructed to stop the match if athletes/coaches are not abiding by this rule until they are properly equipped. Spectators are also required to wear masks, refusing to do so will result in their removal.
- 2. We are allowing TWO (2) spectators (Home & Away) per each athlete/coach. We request to have a pass list of the 2 per athlete by noon on the day of meet. We also ask that spectators only stay and watch matches when their teams are competing
- 3. Teams will enter our E-30 Doors (see attached map) due to construction on campus.
- 4. A locker room will be provided
- 5. Livestream:https://www.facebook.com/997maxfm/
- SPHS Map – Winter Sports
- South Gym Entry instructions diagram
Go here for the VAHS Winter Sports Update: http://vahs.verona.k12.wi.us/athletics_and_activities
1. The above does not mean there will not be a 2020-2021 VAHS winter sports season or that there will not be a 2020-2021 VAHS wrestling season. As the update states from VAHS states “our return-to-athletics will coincide with our return-to-school.”
2. We still need all interested to complete registration for VAHS Wrestling.
3. Get your physicals / alternate year cards turned in to be ready.
4. If we are ready and cleared to go then we will be able to move into the practice room to prepare to compete. We must follow WIAA and PHMDC recommendations.
5. See this post for links to prepare when a 2020-21 VAHS wrestling season can move forward >>VAHS Wrestling 2020-2021 Preseason Info
- The below info is for the VAHS Sports seasons including Wrestling.
- Wrestling practice is scheduled to start on Monday, November 23rd with an end date set for the Week of February 15. the actual date is TBD.
- The WIAA approved a one-year alternative season. Fall sports will be in the spring and seasons are shortened.
- The order of sports seasons will be Winter, then Fall and then Spring.
- The revised sports calendar below replaces the existing 2020-21 season calendars. It identifies the practice period before competition; and the designated number of weeks.
- All schedules are subject to change if conditions warrant following local, state, and national health guidelines.