- The Verona Youth Wrestling Club (VYWC) practice season runs from December through March.
- The VYWC is a K through 8th grade program open to both boys and girls.
- We have a VYWC sponsored K-8 tournament, The Verona Classic, at VAHS every year in early March.
- Our VYWC goes to organized tourneys as a group.
- Our VYWC also attempts to schedule duals with other area clubs.
- Like so many other youth programs due to COVID we were not able to have a 2020-2021 youth wrestling season this past winter.
- The VYWC practice is in the VAHS wrestling room on Monday and Wednesday nights.
- Contact VAHS Head Coach Wozniak via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and watch this page for more info.
This Sunday, Jan. 13th, there is a tournament in Juda for beginning wrestlers. This tournament is a great introduction for wrestlers that have never wrestled in a tournament before. I have attached the flyer and here is link for Juda beginner tournament registration
In addition to the beginners tournament, there is another tournament the following weekend in Monroe. The Monroe tournament is a well run tournament that usually draws a lot of competition. There will be a group of Verona wrestlers and coaches attending the Monroe tournament. The registration link for the Monroe tournament on Jan. 20th is here Monroe registration